Sunday, January 04, 2009

2008 Reflections Meme

I found this meme on Grace's blog at Sandier Pastures, and I thought it would be fun to do here. =)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you hadn’t done before?
Performed on the stage of Planet Hollywood with the amazing band, Redemption!

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, she used to be one of my best friends in high school, but although we keep in touch once in a while, we're not that close anymore.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
No, and let's hope I give the same answer every year. =)

4. Did you travel? Where did you go?
Yes, only within Malaysia, but it was a fun trip, to Ipoh, Penang, and Kedah.

5. Best thing you bought?
I can't help it, I always think books are the best things anyone could ever buy! And the best books I bought this year was my fiance's birthday presents! =)
 
6. Where did most of your money go?
Books. (Really? You need to ask?) And food.

7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Wrote, I wish I had written more.

8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Spend money on books. I'm happy I've got my books, but I still wish I didn't have to spend so much on them!

9. What kept you sane?
My fiance, books, and blogging about them.

10. What drove you mad?
My family, for various reasons. LOL!

11. What made you celebrate?
I had a lot to celebrate this year! But mostly, getting engaged with my fiance. =)

12. What made you sad?
Not much, really. I was pretty much almost constantly happy in 2008, except for little things that got resolved quickly most of the time.

13. How was your birthday this year?
My fiance brought me out for a really romantic, delicious and expensive dinner! And that was great, but I did feel a little bit weird about growing older. Ah well...


14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Well, in Malaysia, we had some really great election results in that the opposition won some of the states government, and while BN is still throwing hissy fits and making trouble for the opposition, they're fighting the good fight, and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of change for the better coming soon!

15. Were you in love in 2008?
LOL! Am I ever!

16. What would you like to have in 2009 that you didn’t have this year?
A home of our own.

17. What date from 2008 will be etched in your memory and why?
I'm not really a person who remembers dates, unfortunately. My fiance's the one who keeps tracks of anniversaries and birthdays in fact! So while there were a lot of great things that happened, I can't remember the dates!

18. What song will remind you of 2008?
Jason Mraz's I'm Yours, because it was one of the most catchy and most played songs in 2008! (Although I'm pretty sure it came out before 2008, I've had the mp3 on my computer for quite a while, I think, and I remember listening to it a long time before it started playing on the radio...)


19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
So so so sooooo much!

20. Biggest achievement this year?
Um...I can't decide! I really can't, I'm really proud of a LOT of things I did this year!

21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Not getting the house we initially wanted. =(

22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
If our band could've gotten started much earlier.

23. Best new person you met this year?
Our new band mates! Three of them!

24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
You need to live your life the way you would if you were the person you want to be, and then you will be the person you want to be.


25. How was your health in 2008?
Good, except for some minor infections and some coughs which were annoying as hell, but I try to be as healthy as I can, especially with my diet.

26. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not resolutions, exactly, more like goals.

27. What countries did you visit?
None in 2008!

28. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Didn't you ask this just now? I want a home of our own.

29. Did you suffer hardship in 2008?
Not hardship, but challenges.

30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lone's, what I love about him is that although he may make many mistakes or get some setbacks, he always pick himself up straight after a fall, and makes sure he learns from them.

31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't want to say, they may be reading my blog. =P


32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Avril's concert in Malaysia last year. And books in the mail! Oh...you must really think I have a boring life. LOL!

33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer

34. How did you spend the New Year’s?
With Lone in the car, on the way back from a performance.

35. How many one-night stands?
Shhh.... I can't tell you, Lone may be reading this! LOL! None!

36. What was your favorite TV program?
Actually, I had a lot of fun watching Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives!

37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, hate the same people as last year. =P Kidding! I don't hate anyone. Much.

38. What was the best book you read?
Grass by Sheri S. Tepper

39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Taylor Swift, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Alisha's Attic...

40. What did you want and get?
Tickets to Avril Lavigne's concert!

41. What did you want and not get?
A house. =(

42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Across the Universe, no question! It's a musical featuring The Beatles' music, and it is wayyyy wayyyyyy better than Mamma Mia. I was really disappointed with Mamma Mia because it looked like such a cheap and amateurish production with terrible renditions of Abba's greatest hits, and it felt like they were only relying on the casts' fame and popularity. Across the Universe, on the other hand, was beautifully done, the storyline and plot were great, and the cast were too, and their interpretation of The Beatles' songs were absolutely amazing!

43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year?
Working with a childish, tantrum-throwing diva.

44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Simple and comfortable.


45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp, I think he's amazing.


46. Who did you miss?
My friends in Philippines, Australia, and Canada...


47. Quote that sums up your year:
Follow your dream.


48. Was 2008 a good year for you?
Yes!


49. What was your favorite moment of the year?
So many! How do I choose?!

 

50. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
The middle part.


51. Where were you when 2008 began?
In a cafe.


52. Who were you with?
Lone


53. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2009?
No resolutions, just goals.


54. What was your favorite month of 2008?
Most of them. =P


55. What was your favorite song in 2008?
Love Story by Taylor Swift

56. What was your favorite record from 2008?
Barcelona, most probably.

 

57. How many concerts did you see in 2008?
One, Avril's!

58. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
None at all. =D

59. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
None.

60. How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
I'm not quite sure, we had a huge slumber party... oh wait, that was 2007... hmm... I don't remember.

61. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
None that I remember.


62. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
None, unless it was such a good lie that I still don't know it's a lie.

 

63. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
Some people, a little bit. Not very badly, but I didn't go out of my way to be nice.


64. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
Not intentionally, I'm sure.


65. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
Probably many, but I tend to block these kind of memories out, so I don't remember. LOL!

 

66. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
Nothing... I enjoy every minute of my life, both good and bad, and I learn from all experiences, so I wouldn't change anything because if I did, I probably might not have learnt something valuable.

67. What are you most looking forward to in 2009?
Getting married! And everything else!

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates