Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year : Thursday 13 #9

chinese-new-year

Happy Chinese New Year to all the Chinese around the world!

13 things about the Chinese New Year 2009:

1. It starts on January 26th this year, and lasts for 15 days, ending on February 8th.

2. This year is the year of the Ox!

3. I always tend to do last minute shopping for new year clothes a week before CNY!

4. That's one reason why I haven't been around online much these couple of weeks.

5. Or visiting many blogs either. Sorry!

6. I went to three different relatives' houses on the first day of CNY, the first was 20 minutes drive away, the second was 45 minutes (from the first house), and the third was more than an hour's drive away (from the second house)!

7. On the second day, I went to my grandmother's house, which was 2 and a half hours' drive away, stayed five hours, and drove 3 hours in a slight traffic jam to get home!

8. These are other reasons why I haven't been around online! Or visiting many blogs! Sorry!

9. The night before Chinese New Year, we always have a family reunion dinner with whoever's around.

10. This year, my aunt from Canada surprised us!

11. She'd been here for two weeks already, and my parents knew, but didn't tell us!

12. There are many things going on these next two weeks during CNY, and we're going to be very busy but having so much fun!

13. I'll try to come online and visit online on your blogs as much as I can, but if I can't as much as I want to, please know that I'm thinking of everyone and that I'll be back soon!



0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates