Friday, December 26, 2008

My Secret Santa's gift to me

My Secret Santa is Tarie from Into the Wardrobe, and she sent me a book from one of my favorite authors, Robin McKinley! I absolutely love McKinley's books! And she also wrote a very lovely note inside the Christmas card that came with it. Thank you so much, Tarie! =)

My gift almost didn't make it to me, because there was a problem with the mailing address; DHL mislabeled my address and left out a number, but Tarie was absolutely great with helping to fix the problem so that I could get my gift before Christmas. Thanks, Tarie! And Merry Christmas to you too!

I'm sorry that my post is a little late, I'm a singer in a band (ohh, I always wanted to say that) and Christmas and New Year's is always a busy time for us. Added to that, my father's birthday is on Christmas, so I had to celebrate an early birthday/Christmas with my family, in addition to practising and performing with my band, in addition to the other Christmas and New Year events with other friends...

Unfortunately, I'm not a very good time manager either, so it's always a struggle to know when to do what. LOL!

So anyway, I'll still be busy up until the 10th of January, that's when the first book chat will take place, and also the same day my real life book club is meeting to discuss our first book. I'm really psyched about both!

In the meantime, I'll be practising for my next performance on New Year's eve, having some belated Christmas dinners with some friends, doing some last minute shopping, registering for marriage with my beloved fiance, and meeting up with an old friend who'd been in Australia for the last 6 years!

I may or may not be able to post occasionally until then, but please do check back often because I will definitely miss you all!

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates