Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tithe by Holly Black

Tithe by Holly Black

Rating:

This is my first book by Holly Black, and I really must say, why haven't I heard of her sooner?!

I mean, seriously, where have I been?! She wrote the Spiderwick Chronicles, and while I haven't read the books, I watched the movie and I absolutely loved it! I had no idea who she was at all, until now, and for someone who particularly loves the kind of stories she tells, that's really bad.

Well, the past is over, I know who she is now, and you can be sure I won't ever forget.

I love faery tales and Tithe was an enchanting story. Kaye and her rock star mother moves back with her grandmother and Kaye starts seeing her old 'imaginary' friends again, the faeries she used to know when she was younger.

She also meets a deliciously hot faery, Roiben, who could be dangerous but so thrilling to be around. They are on opposite sides of an apparent war between the Seelie and the Unseelie courts, and Kaye is supposed to be the sacrifice, the tithe, of mortal blood, that will bring change to the faery world.

The constant tension between Kaye and Roiben was sizzling off the pages, and the unintentionally silly antics of some of the little faes were adorable and humorous. I enjoyed Holly Black's telling of the story, although the first couple of pages were a little confusing, and the ending was perfect except that it left me wishing for more. I'd definitely be looking out for The Spiderwick Chronicles and more of her other books!

More books from Holly Black:


0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates