Monday, November 17, 2008

Musing Mondays: November 17 2008

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is a short meme:

WHAT ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?

I'm reading Un Lun Dun by China Mieville. It's about Zanna, who is the Chosen, and Deeba, her friend, who stumble into the world of UnLondon, the alternate reality world of London.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING, and WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT?


I just finished Unmasqued by Colette Gale, an erotic novel about The Phantom of the Opera. It was my first erotica, and I quite enjoyed it. You can read my review if you want to know more about it.


WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL READ NEXT?


I plan to read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen next for an online real-time book chat I'm setting up soon. My idea is to have a group read every month, where interested parties can read the book together and sign up for the chat where the readers can discuss and talk about the book in real time, kinda like a book club except we meet up and discuss the book online.


This idea is borne out of my frustration of not being able to find a 'physical' group to form a book club with. I sent out countless emails to friends and posted in several Malaysian forums looking for readers interested in joining a book club and I only got ONE reply!


So anyway, I decided the next best thing is an online real-time book chat that works somewhat like a regular book club. And you don't have to join every month too, only the ones you're interested in. Anyone interested in this?


WILL YOU READ ANY HOLIDAY-THEMED BOOKS SOON?


I don't think so, I don't have many holiday-themed books and anyway, we're not really big on Christmas here.


Please leave a comment with the link to either your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates