Sunday, November 02, 2008

Book Meme

Book-related, and fun! I found this meme on Booking Through Thursday, and i thought it'd be fun to answer, so:

What was the last book you bought?

Master, an erotica novel about The Count of Monte Cristo. Hey, I love The Count of Monte Cristo, and although I've never read erotica before, I've heard so much about it that I figured this book would be a great place to start. =)

Name a book you have read MORE than once

Whoa, I've got loads! Some I've read so many times that I don't even keep track anymore. The list includes:

  • Gone With The Wind
  • Scarlett
  • Daddy-Long-Legs
  • Anne of Green Gables
  • Season of Passage
  • The Light Bearer
  • Imperial Woman
and so many more

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

Of course, every book I read makes me question things, some more than others, perhaps the one which started the change was The Valley of the Dolls, but that's probably because it was one of the first 'adult' novels I read.

How do you choose a book? eg. cover design, summary, reviews, recommendations

It depends on the type of book; if it's chic-lit, I choose by cover design, if it's literary fiction, I choose by recommendations and reviews, if it's non-fiction, I choose by subject matter....etc

Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?

I honestly can't say. I enjoy both, and I probably couldn't choose between either. They both have their place and purpose, and both have contributed to my improvement and growth.

What's more important in a novel - beautiful writing or gripping plot?

Well, again, it depends on the type of book, doesn't it? =)

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Hmm....I have plenty and I like them all for different reasons. At the moment, the ones that come to mind are; Tyrion from George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, Aurianne from Donna Gillespie's The Light Bearer, in fact, at the moment, many characters from A Song of Ice and Fire are quite interesting to me, like Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Jaime Lannister, but Tyrion Lannister stands out the most. I'm really quite intrigued by him.

Which books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

Some chic-lit for light reading, a non-fiction book about book groups called Good Books Lately, an enlightening spiritual book called Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom, which talks about wisdom in relation to the 78 cards in a Tarot deck, a fantasy short-story compilation simply entitled Fantasy, and a book I'm reviewing called The Soul of Money.

What was the last book you've read, and when was it?

A Little Black Dress chic-lit, I stayed up late last night to finish it. =)

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Many times. Some I gave up for good and will never ever pick up again, some I still hold some hope that I will finish eventually.

---

That's about it. Anyone else who wants to have fun with this meme is welcome to play. Please put your link to your post in the comments too, so that I can check them out.



0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates