Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

image

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

 

I finished this last week, but hadn't had the time to review it until now. I had also just finished Kinsella's Can You Keep a Secret and I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd read this too.

 

I haven't read any of the Shopaholic series, but I've enjoyed the two Kinsella books that I have read.

 

This one is about a high-powered lawyer named Samantha, who makes a huge mistake and runs away from all the pressure. As she's walking blindly, not knowing where she is, she knocks on a door to ask for directions and is mistaken for a domestic helper.

 

Somehow through misunderstandings and miscommunication, Samantha ends up becoming their maid, and in fact, enjoying it!

 

Ultimately though, her past mistake catches up with her, and she has to face it no matter how hard it is.

 

Love the concept, love the humor, I think Kinsella's hilarious, and I really want to read her other non-Shopaholic book, Remember Me?, but I promised DH I wouldn't buy another book until I was done with what I already have. Hmm... wish me luck on that.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates