Saturday, March 07, 2009

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

image

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

 

I've read this once before, and I've watched the movie starring Anne Hathaway too, but it was a long time ago, and something just made me feel like re-reading this book again.

 

Perhaps it's because I have been reading a lot of heavy books lately, and I desperately needed a light and fun read.

 

I'm not allowed to buy any new books until I've read the ones I already have, but I have few light and easy chick-lit, and reading heavy book after heavy book is taking its toll on me!

 

Thankfully, I've got this book on hand, although it's a re-read, but whatever saves my life, right?

 

Ella, who's under a spell to be obedient and do everything that's asked of her, falls in love with the Prince, and worries that she'll bring his doom if someone orders her to kill him. She has to find a way to break the spell, and avoid her ugly stepsisters' commands in the meantime.

 

This was a fun and funny read, and just exactly what I needed! I finished this book in one afternoon, and I was just happy that I could leave my other responsibilities aside for a while and immerse myself in Ella's world. I'd always preferred the book to the movie, and now after re-reading it again, I'm sure I definitely prefer the book to the movie.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates