Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Night Mare by Piers Anthony

image

Night Mare by Piers Anthony

The first time I read a book by Piers Anthony, I was 14, and I couldn’t finish the book because someone stole it! I remember really enjoying the book and being frantic when the book disappeared (I was in school, i left it on my desk, and when I came back it was gone!).

The worst thing was I couldn’t remember the author’s name at the time, and I could only remember the word “gargoyle” on the title. So I spent more than 10 years wondering what book it was and if I could ever get it back.

I’m not sure how I found it, but finally I discovered that the book I’d been missing for so long was Piers Anthony’s Geis of the Gargoyle. So I got a copy from Bookmooch.com, and I read it, and loved it! I usually don’t like to read books in a series because there are too many to read and I simply don’t have the interest to read them all!

But the great thing about Piers Anthony’s Xanth novels, is that you don’t have to read all of them to enjoy a few of them. I’ve read two of them now, and my enjoyment of both wasn’t diminished just because I didn’t read the other books for backstories.

Night Mare can be enjoyed in and of itself, and I personally loved it. I thought it was hilarious! I love Piers Anthony’s humor and creativity, and of course, the puns, since Xanth is a world made up of puns!



More books by Piers Anthony:

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates