Monday, August 03, 2009

Master by Colette Gale

image

Master by Colette Gale

I’d previously read Unmasqued by Colette Gale, which was an erotica novel based on The Phantom of the Opera.

I had also purchased this book, which is an erotic novel based on The Count of Monte Cristo, which is one of my all-time favorite books.

I loved Unmasqued, but I must say that while Master was a good read, it could not compare with the original story.

Of course, I’m well aware that writing a better book than the original wasn’t Gale’s purpose at all, so all in all, I’d say she did a very good job with this book.

The only other erotic novel I’d ever read was written by Gale too, so I might not have a basis for comparison, but what I like about her books is that they’re not written solely for the sake of the sex scenes. The storylines are well outlined and told.

If nothing else, this book made me nostalgic to read The Count of Monte Cristo again. I had read The Count of Monte Cristo twice before, and the last time was a while ago, so Gale’s Master was a great reminder of how amazing the book was.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates