Monday, June 29, 2009

Ironside by Holly Black

image Ironside by Holly Black

 

This book is the sequel to Tithe, where we first meet Kaye and Roiben, and which I absolutely loved.

 

At the end of Tithe, Roiben had overthrown the Queen of the Unseelie Court, and now Ironside begins at Roiben’s coronation.

Kaye is tricked into declaring her love to Roiben at the coronation, and he is forced to send her on what seems like an impossible quest.

 

Thinking that Roiben had rejected her declaration by sending her on a quest she could never complete, Kaye feels sorry for herself and makes a series of apparent mistakes, one of which is telling her mother that she’s actually a changeling and not the real Kaye that her mother gave birth to years ago. Kaye’s a pixie, and her mother is horrified when she finds out.

 

Meanwhile, the Queen of the Seelie Court plots to dethrone Roiben, and Roiben have to find a way to defeat her.

 

As with Tithe, I loved Ironside. Holly Black has an easy way of writing that makes it so enjoyable to read her books and get lost in a whole other world. I fell in love with Roiben in Tithe, and while we don’t see as much of him in Ironside as I would like, I’m still in love with him.

 

It took me a while to get a hold of this book, but I finally found it a few weeks ago at a bargain book sale. I’ll continue looking out for Holly Black’s other books, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy all her other interesting tales of the faeries!

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates