Monday, June 01, 2009

Finding Your Mojo by Stephanie Bond

image

Finding Your Mojo by Stephanie Bond

 

From the blurb:

 

When attorney Gloria Dalton arrives in the small town of Mojo, Louisiana, she's desperate for change. Her past haunts her—at sixteen she was forced into the witness protection program and ripped away from Zane Riley, the boy she loved. After years of heartbreak and hiding, she's hoping that this move will be her last, that she can make a life for herself among the quirky residents of Mojo.

But Gloria's optimism fades when a welcome gift turns out to be a voodoo doll and her male paralegal suffers a shocking death. When the new Chief of Police arrives on the scene, Gloria's life takes another left turn—it's her first love, Zane, who doesn't recognize her behind her careful disguise.

Concealing her identity and her feelings for Zane is killing her, but when it's revealed that her employee was murdered and secrets begin to spill, Gloria realizes it's going to take a special kind of voodoo to keep her quest for her own personal mojo from hitting a dead end!

 

My thoughts:

 

Oh, I enjoyed this book! I love the romance, the suspense, the story, the chemistry… all of it!

 

I guess what appeals to me most is how Gloria lost her first love Zane Riley, because she had to go into the witness protection program, and how interesting it was when they finally meet up again and Zane has no idea who she is.

 

I think I’m in the mood for romance, because the romance in this book has completely captured my imagination, and my heartstrings. I couldn’t help rooting for the two of them the whole way, hoping that Zane would finally realize who Gloria was and that they could fall in love all over again.

 

Unlike the last book I read, the suspense here was good too, because it kept me wondering who on earth was responsible for the murders and all the mysterious happenings in Mojo.

 

I’ve also gotten intrigued by the references to some past murders in the Voodoo museum in Mojo, which I gather was from a prequel to this book. This is the first book I’ve read by Stephanie Bond, but I enjoy it so much, I think I'd like to read more of her books.

1 comments:

Ava B said...

Hi great readinng your post

Template by:

Free Blog Templates