Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Mist by Stephen King

image

The Mist by Stephen King

Another Stephen King novel this year! =) I got interested in this book because I read on a website somewhere about best and most unexpected movie endings and the movie for based on this book was listed as one of them.

So anyway, it made me really curious to watch the movie, but I wanted to read the book first.

Luckily enough, I found the book in a sale not long after visiting that particular website (which address I forgot).

As with most Stephen King books, it was thrilling and scary, never really knowing what was in the mist. The buildup of the book was incredible and I read anxiously to find out what would happen next.

I anticipated the ending, but I realized also that the movie and the book isn’t always identical, and it wasn’t. The book didn’t end the way the movie did (the website gave spoilers, so I knew what would happen), and in fact, ended by not ending, something I noticed with a few of King’s earlier books.

But it was a great read anyway. Not my favorite from King, but great nonetheless. I watched the movie after I finished the book, and while I prefer the book to the movie, I loved the movie’s ending a whole lot more!

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates