Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Free ebooks from The Book Depository! TT #34

The Book Depository is offering more than 11,000 free ebooks for a limited time! I’ve been downloading like crazy the last couple of days!!

Here are 13 (out of like a thousand!) of the books I downloaded:

image Dear Enemy by Jean Webster

This is the sequel to Daddy-Long-Legs, one of my favorite books in the world! I’ve been looking for this book a long time, and I found it free! How cool is that!

They also have Daddy-Long-Legs if you want to download it.
image Edmund Dantes by Edmund Flagg

A sequel to The Count of Monte Cristo which I didn’t know existed! I love the Count of Monte Cristo, and I’m thrilled to find this!

The Count of Monte Cristo is also available for download.
image The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

I loved the movie, I fell in love with the Musketeers, but I’ve never read the book. Maybe I’ll love it even more! =)
image The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan

This is one of those books that you always hear about and kinda know what it’s about, but never actually read. Now I finally got me a copy and I’m going to see what the fuss is about.
image Fanny Hill by John Cleland

Banned book, never seen a single copy of it anywhere, heard so much about it, finally found a free copy! ‘Nuff said! =)
image Five Children and It

I’d never heard of it until the movie came out. Haven’t watched the movie, but found the book and got curious.
image Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

I got a copy years and years and years ago, from a very generous bookcrosser while I was in Melbourne. Unfortunately, I lost the book coming back from there, and haven’t been able to replace it until now!
image Paradise Lost by John Milton

A book that everyone seems to know about and talk about, but I’d never read it. It doesn’t seem easy to read either, but I’m curious!
image Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin

I vaguely remember hearing this title somewhere, but the author’s name isn’t familiar and I don’t know what the book’s about.
image The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang

And also the Red, Green, Yellow, Crimson, Brown, etc. Fairy Books!!!! These books were featured in a blog I visited a while ago, but I never thought that I’d actually be able to get my hands on them. Now I have! =)
image The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope

I don’t know what it’s about, and to be honest, I was never interested, but finding free books is one of the best ways to open yourself to books that you’d normally not read!
image Thus Spake Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche

Again, not a book I’d normally be interested in, but I’d heard about it and thought I’d try it. Since there are free books galore!! =)
image Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe

A classic I’ve been wanting to read a long time. I still don’t know what it’s about, but so many great reviews can’t be wrong!

And these are just 13 of them! I’ve got lots more, and there are lots more free ebooks waiting at The Book Depository! Go download like crazy now! ;-)

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates