Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Moth Diaries by Rachel Klein

image

The Moth Diaries by Rachel Klein

I bought this at a recent book sale, I forgot which, there were so many book sales lately.

Anyway, it intrigued me because it was written in the form of a young boarding schoolgirl’s diary, and it’s supposedly about her obsession with her friend, Lucy, and a girl named Ernessa whom she thinks is a vampire.

I’m not sure if I missed it, but I think this is another one of those books where you never learn the narrator’s name. If I did miss it, and someone knows her name, do let me know!

Anyway, what I like about this book is that you could say it’s a vampire story, but then again, it could also be a story about a girl with a psychological disorder. You never really get any proof or certainty, not even from the narrator herself. She’s sure Ernessa is a vampire, but she never sees anything certain or finds anything to prove it without a doubt.

I just found out that there will be a movie based on this book coming out in 2010. I think it would make a really great movie if they can stay true to the book instead of trying to cash in on all the vampire hype these days and making it a full-fledged vampire story. Let’s see what happens.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates