Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

image The Host by Stephenie Meyer

 

This is another book that intrigued me because of another blogger’s review.

 

Ms Ulat Buku from Ulat Buku in the City reviewed this book a while ago, and I thought, hey, it sounds like a much better book than Meyer’s more famous Twilight series.

 

So I read this recently and what I thought is that it is definitely a much better book than the Twilight series. (I’ve only read the first Twilight book, and though I enjoyed it, I have no plans to read the other books in the series.)

 

In fact, I love this book so much that I think it’s one of the best books I’ve read this year. As Ms Ulat Buku said to me, Meyer isn’t the best author, but she writes compelling books, and you can’t help but get sucked into the story.

 

I don’t think that the characters are similar to Bella and Edward at all, but perhaps I didn’t read enough of the Twilight series to be a good judge of that. All I can say is that this book is beautiful, and it lingers on my mind long after I’ve finished it.

 

I especially love the storytelling sessions, and the descriptions of life on other planets. I love how the story flowed, and how the people changed, and how beautiful the love the characters had for each other were.

 

I was happy with the ending, but so sad because it was ending. I wanted more, I wanted to know where they went from there, how they were going to live, what would happen next. I wish there was more, but if there isn’t, I’ll reread this book again one day, and enjoy it all over again.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates