Sunday, May 31, 2009

He Sees You When You’re Sleeping by Mary Higgins Clark & Carol Higgins Clark

image

He Sees You When You’re Sleeping by Mary Higgins Clark & Carol Higgins Clark

 

I found this book at Malaysia’s first OBCZ, Official BookCrossing Zone, at 1 Utama! Let me just say that I’m very happy that MPH and 1U have got on the bandwagon of BC! =)

 

I’ve been spending so much time there, and this book and my next four books were all from our OBCZ!

 

I was worried that I was having a dry spell, not being in the mood to read any of the books I already had, but finding these books there, and all which I read in a day each(!) definitely cured me of my dry spell!

 

My thoughts:

 

I've enjoyed most of Mary Higgins Clark's books, but I've never read anything by her daughter Carol, nor one written by the both of them. I decided to try this book, and while it's not the best book I've read by Mary Higgins Clark, I did enjoy it.


It's about a man, Sterling, who'd died and gone to Heaven, or more precisely, gone to wait at the Heavenly Gates for entry. He'd been waiting for about 50 years, give or take, and it seemed it was because he wasn't a very helpful person when he was alive. The Heavenly council decided to give him a chance to redeem himself, by allowing him to go back to Earth (as a ghostly angel) to help a little girl have a happy Christmas. That's the gist of it, anyway.


It was enjoyable as a book, but not what I would've expected from the Higgins Clarks. I found it read like a feel-good Disney Christmas movie where the characters were caricatures. Again, unexpected, but enjoyable nonetheless.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates