Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Antioxidant Miracle by Lester Packer, PH.D. & Carol Colman

image

The Antioxidant Miracle by Lester Packer, PH.D. and Carol Colman

 

This is one of the textbooks for my Holistic Nutrition course. Normally, I wouldn't count textbooks as books read, except that I read this one cover to cover, so I think it counts, doesn't it?

 

Anyway, I'm always interested in finding out more about health and diet and how food and nutrients affect our bodies.

 

I've always known about the importance of antioxidants, of course - having grown up with a health-conscious and very knowledgeable father who had also studied health - but I've never known why they were important, and where to get them, and what their exact role in our health was.

 

Lester Packer's research and the information presented in this book is very interesting and eye-opening, and as someone who really worries about our generation's health and eating habits, I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who's interested in living and eating healthier.

 

Of course, one of the most important books, IMHO, about health and diet, is The China Study by T. Colin Campbell and Thomas M. Campbell II. Do read this book, and then every book you can get on these subjects. There are a lot of contradictory information out there, true, but the more you read and the more perspectives you see, the better it is for you to make your own decision about your own health.

 

I don't believe in leaving the responsibility of your own health to others, especially medical doctors, who make a living off your illnesses. I believe in prevention rather than cure. Educate yourself, and be responsible for your own health.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates