Wednesday, February 18, 2009

13 Books about Books : TT #12

books3

 

This week I'm listing 13 books about books, 10 of these are on my bookshelves, but I didn't have enough for 13, so the last three are from my wishlist. =)

 

image

 

 

 

<----------------------- 1. The Shadow of the Wind

                                                by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I read this and I really enjoyed it, although I felt the ending seemed a little bit rushed and confusing.

 

 

 

image

 

 



2.
The Bookwoman's Last Fling ------------------>

by John Dunning

I bought this book last month but I haven't read it yet. Has anyone read this?

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

<--------------------------- 3. The Thirteenth Tale 

                                                by Diane Setterfield

I absolutely LOVED this book! One of the best books ever!

 

 

 

image

 

 

 


4. Reading Lolita in Tehran ---------------------->

by Azar Afisi

I've heard a lot about this book, but I haven't read it. I'm reading Lolita now though, so maybe I'll read this after that.


 

image

 

 



<-------------------------------------- 5. Mister Pip

                                                         by Lloyd Jones

This is an amazing book. It's slow and quiet but it screams at you and stays with you for a long time.

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

 

6. The Reader  ------------------------------------>

by Bernhard Schlink

I had to read this after Kate Winslet won the Globes. Beautiful book that makes you think.

 

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

<------------------------------- 7. The Poe Shadow

                                                    by Matthew Pearl

I'm in the middle of reading this book, but it's slow starting and I've put it aside for now.

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

 

8. The Eyre Affair -------------------------------->

by Jasper Fforde

My DH bought me this book for my birthday a couple of years ago. I loved it, and I read Jane Eyre after that and loved it too!

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

<------------------ 9. Why We Read What We Read

                              by Lisa Adams and John Heath

This is one of the funniest and most entertaining books I've ever read about books!

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

 

10. So Many Books, So Little Time --------------->

by Sara Nelson

Bought this ages ago, but haven't read it. Afraid to coz it'll probably add lots more books to my wishlist!

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

<------------------------------- 11. The Book Thief

                                                    by Markus Zusak

This book is on my wishlist! I've heard so many good things about it!

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

 

12. Inkheart -------------------------------------->

by Cornelia Funke

All the press about the movie has got me really wanting to read this! And watch the movie too, of course!

 

 

 

image

 

 

 

 

<------------------------ 13. Reading Like A Writer

                                                   by Francine Prose

I saw this book in a bargain bin and was intrigued, but didn't buy it because I could only choose a few books. I've regretted not buying it ever since! =(






0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates