Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

Predictably, I cried buckets when I read this. I’ve heard about this book a long time ago, but never got around to reading it until now.

When reading other people’s posts about it though, more often than not, they’ll mention how much they cried at the end, so being a sentimental sap myself, I knew I would cry too.

Dewey is an amazing story, and Dewey is an amazing cat. I’ve never had cats growing up so there’s a lot I don’t know about their behavior and characteristics, but it seemed to me that Dewey is really almost human.

Of course, he is one of a kind, and as Myron says in the book, not every cat can be a library cat, a library cat has to have the right personality. And Dewey did.

What I love most about the book is the stories about every person that Dewey touched, each life he changed, how much better and brighter a person’s day became just because they crossed paths with Dewey.

We all need a Dewey in our lives.

This is a wonderful, wonderful book. It touched me and warmed my heart and brought me to tears and made me realized just how big a difference even a small person or animal can make in the world. It is a must-read for any cat lovers, but really, I think everyone should read it.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates