Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Review

So it’s New Year’s Eve! Another year has gone by, another new year is almost here, and it’s time to look back on this year and everything this year has brought. =)

Literary-speaking, 2010 was one of the worst years for me, unfortunately. I hardly read, and I had sooooooo many periods of downtime where I didn’t even have the mood to pick up a book! This is honestly the first year in my life that I’ve ever felt like this about books, and it’s a really weird feeling.

However, I’ve got really great reasons, because I got married in January this year, and all that nervousness and excitement for planning the wedding and everything was what got me too hyped to read.

I recovered after a few weeks(!) but then in August, we moved to Canada from Malaysia, and there was all that excitement and business with planning and preparing and moving and settling into a new place and etc… So I again got too hyped up to read.

And to be honest, I’m not quite settled yet, and there’d been so many adjustments in our lives that we’re still working out a lot of the kinks in our daily routines. Things are getting better, and I do still read, but it’s been hard to get into the “zone” that I used to go into when reading a *really* good book.

Probably because I have a lot more work and chores and responsibilities now than I used to have. I know that’s something that I’ll have to get used to though, so maybe I’ll get a new “normal” soon.

So yeah, 2010 wasn’t a great year for books, but it was an *amazing* year for life! I had a great time, I had so many great new experiences, and I am so looking forward to a more exciting 2011!

Have a great new year, everyone!! =)

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates