Monday, January 03, 2011

School of Life Reading Challenge 2011

School of Life Reading Challenge

How To Participate

  • Decide which major or subject you would like to study
  • Visit your alma mater's website and see if they have class syllabi online. If they don't, check one of the hundreds of free online classes at Yale, MIT, or any other college
  • Pick a few classes in your major
  • Choose one or more books required in each class syllabus
  • You do not have to write reviews
  • You may keep in touch and leave links to your reviews, if you choose to write them
  • You do not have to have a blog
  • The books you choose can be overlaps from other reading challenges
  • The challenge begins January 1 and ends December 31, 2011

    Levels of Participation

    cum laude: 6 books
    magna cum laude: 8 books
    summa cum laude: 12 books

I used to major in Natural Health and Holistic Nutrition before my college unfortunately shut down, so I never got to finish my degree.

I was studying part-time and couldn’t finish my courses before they shut down for good and I didn’t want to be transferred to other colleges that they had worked out something with because I had other things going on in my life and I knew I wouldn’t be able to commit at that time.

I’ve still got some of the text books that I’d already bought but didn’t get the chance to study, and there’s a whole reading list I’d love to read on the subject. I’m going with magna cum laude, but will try to get summa cum laude if possible. =)

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates