Sunday, May 02, 2010

Non-fiction funk

Recently I’ve been reviewing less books, mostly because these days I seem to be more in the mood for non-fiction than fiction.

Non-fiction, depending on the book, usually takes a lot longer to read than most fiction for me, so while I used to finish two books a week on average, now it seems like I might be taking two weeks or more to finish one book.

I don’t know why I don’t have the mood for fiction these days, perhaps it’s because I’ve been doing a lot of studying, reading non-fiction and textbooks, and really just feel like resting my brain during my study breaks, rather than reading anything.

Then again, I could probably get interested in lighter fiction, but I don’t have many of those kind of books because I don’t keep them, so find it a waste of money to buy them. I have a lot more ‘heavy’ fiction on my Mt. TBR, but don’t feel like reading them because they’re heavy.

I don’t know when I’m going to start feeling like reading fiction again, but hopefully it’s soon, because I really do need a little escapism. Maybe I’ll just read some trashy old romances I have lying around.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates