Monday, March 12, 2007

Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Date Started: 11th Mar 2007
Date Finished: 12th Mar 2007

Rating:

Arthur Dent is an earthling whose home is destroyed to make way for an intergalactic freeway. Then comes a great many adventures for Arthur and his friends, and a new and exciting world is revealed to us as the masters and creators of earth are unveiled.

I'm sure many of you have heard of this book. I'm sure some of you have seen the movie.

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard from a source that it wasn't very good. I've heard many things about the book, and they're mostly good. Which of course, prompted me to read the book.

No doubt it's a great book, and I can see why some people might think that the movie wasn't good. There were many jokes in the book that I'm sure couldn't have translated easily onto the big screen.

One thing I didn't like about it; there was no real ending in this book, you have to get all the other books and read them all before you know the whole story. Another is that I had to skip through some parts of the book where the descriptions and explanations got a little bit too tedious for me.

Other than that I think it's great. I love the humour, and I love the whole creativity of how everything links up.

1 comments:

lifelongreader said...

I love this boo - it is so funny and absurd.

Template by:

Free Blog Templates